Forum

Notifications
Clear all

PayPal raises cryptocurrency limit

BrolySSJ
(@brolyssj)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

One of the major talking points in the cryptocurrency world towards the end of last year was that the payment giant PayPal had integrated cryptocurrency into their platform. For many this provided them with a certain degree of confidence in cryptocurrency usage, knowing that it is being backed by such a reputable payment platform, thereby resulting in an increase to the number of people that were invested in cryptocurrency and that were venturing into various coins. 

This is believed to be one of the major driving factors that caused the bull run noted towards the end of last year. However, despite this positive news, there were many that were unhappy with the limits that PayPal had implemented on the purchase of cryptocurrency. Fortunately, a recent news article has revealed that these limits have been raised, with PayPal users in America, now being able to purchase up to 100 thousand dollars of cryptocurrency on a weekly basis. This could drive larger purchase orders, possibly sparking a future bull run in the market. Currently, this is only available for the PayPal users within America, but is believed that it will expand to other regions in due course. 

Tanya
(@tanya)

What does this mean to someone who is not in the United States? The talk about paypal integrating cryptocurrency was flouting in the market since 2016 and it became a reality only in 2020. Paypal was once a part of Facebook's cryptocurrency project Libra, but later backed down (Libra has now been re-branded as Diem)

ReplyQuote
josemendez
(@josemendez)
Eminent Member

When PayPal first adopted the use of cryptocurrency on it's platform , a lot of PayPal users were happy because of the development,however the service was not available world wide. The current lifting is still for those in UK .

Many people have not been able to use cryptocurrency from their PayPal account and this has made some of them wonder why PayPal will accept cryptocurrency when the service won't be available to all 

ReplyQuote
Sincerem
(@sincerem)
Eminent Member

This particular feature isn't for all countries accepted to use PayPal as means of payment. It is mainly for the united states, and united kingdom. I've not seen the news that explained, PayPal crypto addition is now for all users of the payment institution. It will be amazing to see it going round and not just for few selected countries. 

ReplyQuote
saoussen5765
(@saoussen5765)

Just a question the logic says if PayPal involves cryptocurrency means there is possibility to checkout with cryptocurrency as guest (like other gateway like advcash or payeer) however as guest you cannot checkout with cryptocurrency which makes hard to pay with PayPal especially most of countries doesn't provide international VCC and not all users have ability to make international VCC with international bank card provider like Payoneer or AirTM.

ReplyQuote
Suba
 Suba
(@suba)
Eminent Member

When PayPal adopted crypto, Bitcoin and Altcoin prices went up, but unfortunately Americans can only buy/sell or store crypto in PayPal accounts, PayPal users cannot send crypto to other wallets. I don't know whether buy and sell transactions in PayPal accounts will be recorded on the blockchain or not, and whether it will affect the market, because crypto is only allocated from paypal accounts to users and vice versa. But now there is information that PayPal has added a Checkout with Crypto feature, where Paypal users can buy goods or services at PayPal partner merchants with crypto.

ReplyQuote
Great-Boy
(@great-boy)

Well, the good news is that Paypal is now allowing the residents of the United Kingdom to purchase, sell, and even hold cryptocurrencies. This news was published by many websites last month. According to an article published by the BBC, residents of the United Kingdom can sell and purchase £15,000 worth of crypto coins per transaction. As of now, Paypal is only allowing people to purchase or sell Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Ethereum only, according to the official website of PayPal. People in the United Kingdom can even invest a minimum of £1 if they intend to purchase or sell cryptocurrencies using PayPal. However, cryptocurrencies are still not accepted as a payment method by PayPal right now. 

ReplyQuote
Tanya
(@tanya)

Paypal users in the US and the UK can buy BTC, BCH, ETH and LTC via paypal. They can store these cryptos and sell when the price goes up. They can also use these cryptos during the check out. American and British Users still cannot send cryto directly or fund account with crypto.

It would be nice if this feature is available to the users in other countries as well. 

ReplyQuote
cmoneyspinner
(@cmoneyspinner)
Eminent Member

I am a long-time PayPal customer and I am in the USA.  When they said it was going to be possible to buy crypto with PayPal I could not wait!  But! ... They made me wait!  Every time I would click a link to try to find out how to process the transaction, it would give me an error message.  I finally gave up!  From what I could tell, people in the UK were going full speed ahead.  Finally, my son told me that if I created a Coinbase account, I would be able to link it to my PayPal and then do crypto transactions.  I have not done that yet.  It is on my To Do List. 

* Earn interest on your crypto. Open BIA account OR Earn interest on minimum balance of 35K. *

ReplyQuote
Share: