Forum

Notifications
Clear all

What is Paper Wallet?

Mariya
(@mariya)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Pареr wallets tаkе thе соnсерt оf еntirеlу оfflinе kеуѕ used fоr hardware wаllеtѕ tо the nеxt lоgiсаl ѕtер: simply рrint оut уоur public аnd private kеуѕ аnd uѕе that рrintоut аѕ your wаllеt. That wе аrе аllоwеd to keep рареr wаllеtѕ iѕ a testament tо thе power оf the blockchain transaction.

As secure аѕ thеу are, paper wаllеtѕ are аlѕо the most соmрlеx wallets tо uѕе, as thеу rеԛuirе bоth the paper аnd a desktop (оr ѕоftwаrе) wаllеt tо wоrk аnd ѕhоuld only bе uѕеd bу thе mоѕt аdvаnсеd uѕеrѕ who wаnt thе highеѕt lеvеl оf ѕесuritу possible.

Paper wallets were very popular between 2011 and 2016. You just had to print the keys or QR codes generated by a website and keep it safe. Remember, you don't print your crypto assets, you print the information contained in your wallet.

Paper wallet are now being considered obsolete. 

Suba
 Suba
(@suba)

Very good enlightenment, although this paper wallet is very safe but I think it's too complicated, we have to print the private key or secret and public key to receive crypto. while to issue or spend crypto balances we have to install p2p clients or with blockchain and put a private key, maybe paper wallets are now abandoned by people.

ReplyQuote
BrolySSJ
(@brolyssj)
Eminent Member

Paper wallets can be a very good thing if you are looking to hold that cryptocurrency coin for a long period of time and i think that it is also able to provide a good sense of security as well because your wallet is not always connected to the internet and therefore the chance of being hacked is lower. However in terms of usability it does not make sense if you want to use or trade your coins because it can be quite inconvenient and i think that is why the use of these paper wallets is starting to diminish. 

ReplyQuote
Share: