Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Do you think hardware wallet is more secured than the software type??

Sincerem
(@sincerem)
Topic starter  

WHAT IS HARDWARE CRYPTO WALLET?

Hardware crypto wallet is also known as cold water wallet. It is built aside from the digital space, it is built like an electronic device to store your encrypted coins securely. 

With the hardware wallet, you can save and manage Cryptocurrency on your own without moving over to Binance, trust-wallet, Coinbase, Luno etc, creating an account to store your own coin. You're simply the sole owner of the wallet, it is stored in a cold condition, that's why it is not easily hacked since it isn't noticeable like the hot water wallet (digital wallet) types. 

IS HARDWARE WALLET SAFE FOR STORING DIGITAL COINS?

Yes, it is safer, since you don't need to go elsewhere to store your hard earned coins, you save within the comfort of your home using your own hardware wallet to lock your coins securely. It brings more security than the usual software wallet that is prone to phishing attempts.  

WHICH OPTION DO YOU PREFER??

To me if I have the required finance, and need security for my coins I'll simply seek the hardware wallet option. 

josemendez
(@josemendez)

Hardware wallets are very much secured cryptocurrency wallet because of their nature. They are not accessible to scammers if they are not made hot ( connected to the internet ).  Online wallet may be secured if it is Decentralized wallet with private keys but the probability of being hacked is still there as the private keys can be accessed by malwares that can be downloaded through other applications. Losing the private key will also mean losing the wallet. 

Hardware wallet on the other hand has it's own flaws , losing the device means losing the wallet because there is no other way to recover it. 

As for me , I will prefer online wallets because I have some security measures that will help safeguard it. 

ReplyQuote
Share: