Notifications
Clear all

What's Stablecoins?

Suba
 Suba
(@suba)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Stabecoin is a type of cryptocurrency that has a fixed/near-fixed value such as goods/money, the peg. There are four classes of stablecoins, namely:

First, stable coins pegged to fiat money such as USDT, USDC, IDK (IDR), XSGD (Singapore Dollar), Paxos Standard (PAX) and Gemini Dollar (GUSD) etc.

Second, stablecoins that are pegged to commodity goods, such as gold, silver, real estate, oil etc. for example: Digix Gold (DGX), xBullion (GOLD), Tiberius Coin (TCX) SwissRealCoin (SRC) etc.

Third, stablecoins pegged to cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin BEP2, Dai (DAI) etc.

Fourth, algorithm-based stablecoins. which keeps value stable through issuance and supply burning. Examples of algorithm-based stablecoins are DefiDollar (USDC), Ampleforth (AMPL), Frax (FRAX) and Empty Set Dollar (ESD).

Topic Tags
Blendedminimalistlife
(@blendedminimalistlife)

So Quite stable would you say? Thank you for your reply 🙂

ReplyQuote
cmoneyspinner
(@cmoneyspinner)
Estimable Member

I am an inexperienced cryptocurrency investor. So when I finally took a bold step and created my first crypto trading account, I did so in order to buy Bitcoin and Litecoin and earn interest. However, when I created the account I noticed they also traded various stablecoins on the platform and that these coins earned a high interest rate. That got me to do more research about stablecoins. I found this information. It is useful to me. Perhaps it will be helpful to others.

How to Earn Interest on Stablecoins: A Beginner’s Guide (cryptonews.com/exclusives/how-earn-interest-stablecoins-beginners-guide.htm)

* Freelancer since 2007. Earn BitcoinCash. *

ReplyQuote
Heatman
(@heatman)

USDT is my favorite of all the stable coins because it's just like dealing with dollars for me. I even use it to know the price of dollars in the black market should I need to use their services. 

ReplyQuote
Share: